1. ISWPL with a philanthropic approach strives to live the philosophy of "Giving back to the Society" Like every year, this year too a Blood Donation Camp was held ,on the 11th of July 2017. Camp was inaugurated by MD, Mr. Neeraj Kant and Union president Mr. Rakeshwar Pandey. All employees came together to participate with great enthusiasm and we successfully donated 77 units.
2. July 2017 is being celebrated as Ethics Month at ISWPL. The theme for the month is “Respectful Workplace”.During this month various events like Ethics Quiz, Ethics Slogan competition, Ethics Awareness Sessions by the Senior Management Team, Poster competition, and Skit competition are conducted for all employees, and other stakeholders. The month was inaugurated on 6th July 2017 with a ceremonial flag hoisting by MD-Mr.Neeraj Kant and Union President- Mr.Rakeshwar Pandey and the Ethics pledge was undertaken by all employees to resolve that as part of Tata Group shall abide by TCOC guidelines in all sphere of work.
3. ISWPL has been placed in the 500-550 score band of the CII HR Excellence Assessment and has been awarded "Significant Achievement in HR Excellence." This is a band jump from the previous 450-500 score band.
4. On the celebration of 'Golden Jubilee Year' of "The Indian Institute of Welding", ISWPL became the "Technical partner" in the National Welding Seminar , 2016 held at Kolkata.
5. In the 2016 National Welding Seminar, to promote health and safety in welding, ISWPL has announced award for the best research paper on 'Health and Safety in Welding".